One of my favorite nights of the week is Celebrate Recovery. A little over one year ago we moved our recovery ministry from Saturday to Tuesday and began the incredible outreach and ministry known as Celebrate Recovery. God sent us great leaders. Many people have come through the doors and been impacted.
Last evening I shared a lesson about examining our lives, getting honest about our struggles and moving on from what has held us back. At the beginning of the lesson I read Psalms 139.
Here are some verses from that chapter. You might want to read this chapter several times and note what God says to you…
Psalms 139 NLT
O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me…
4 You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord.
5 You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand!
7 I can never escape from your Spirit! I can never get away from your presence! …
13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb…
17 How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! …
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.
Powerful truth. Again, read the entire chapter and take in the deeps of God’s understanding and His goodness.
What stands our to me is how God examines our hearts and lives. Those last two verses are a prayer that might just change out lives. Allow God to search you. Ask Him to do that, to get honest with you, and bring you health and healing in every area of life.
It is tough to get honest. But there is so much freedom and strength in getting free from what holds us back.
Pray those verses. Go deeper with God! I love these verses.

Comments