Thirty year, and it doesn’t seem that long ago. I remember where we were 30 years ago. Julie and I had just arrived in Panama City Beach, Florida for our honeymoon. It was a great week!
Our wedding was one for the books. I cried through the entire day, well as least most of it. Those were good tears. We enjoyed time with family and have so many memories of that weekend as well as the last 30 years.
We have been together a lot longer than we have been apart. We have learned so much about life and love and about relationships. We have shared ministry and relationships with others. Plus there are three incredible children that God placed in our lives. Now, add to that two awesome grandchildren that belong to us.
Blessed … that is a great word but an understatement. Yesterday Julie and I celebrated 30 years of marriage, and the commitment we have made to each other is that there will be many more years and memories.
Proverbs 18:22 NASB
He who finds a wife finds a good thing And obtains favor from the Lord.
I believe that I found the favor of God when I found Julie, and our marriage is a picture of that favor. No, it has not been every day peaceful and perfect. We are human, and that means times do get tough. With God we have found some great days. I have a great wife.
Proverbs 31:28-29 NLT
Her children stand and bless her. Her husband praises her: 29 “There are many virtuous and capable women in the world, but you surpass them all!”
I love hearing my kids bless and encourage their mom, and I will do the same. Julie is an incredible lady. I am so grateful that she is in my life.
1 Peter 3:7 NLT
In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered.
That is where I will close and thank Julie for our time together. This last verse is a difficult one because many have twisted it in directions it was not intended.
I am to treat my wife with love and grace. That is the same way God treated me.
Happy anniversary to my very special wife who is a gift from God!
Comments