Skip to main content

oh, these verses

 


Some of the best…


Some of the ones I am thinking about as of late…


Some makes me stop and think a little more than they used to…


Today, I share some substance with you in this e-devotion.  Just some verses that have been running through mind, and it seems that God will use these in your life.  Or I pray He will.


Read on.  And there is more to come.


Genesis 29:35  NLT  

Once again Leah became pregnant and gave birth to another son. She named him Judah, for she said, “Now I will praise the Lord!” And then she stopped having children.


Read the verses before that one.  Check out the story, and you will see how things changed for Leah and why she praised the Lord.  It was important.


Lamentations 3:22-24  NLT  

The faithful love of the Lord never ends!  His mercies never cease. 23 Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. 24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!”


That reminder goes deeper than lots of others.  I need His mercy.  How about you?  I am overwhelmed, and pretty often, by His faithfulness that leads me to have even more hope.


Psalm 139:23-24  NLT  

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24  Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.


That is a powerful prayer.  It is a prayer each of us needs to pray, but we have to be ready to hear from God because it most likely will be difficult to hear.  Yet when we hear, things will get better for us.  We should please God.


And one more verse.  This one is from the New Testament and is powerful!


Colossians 3:1-2  NLT 

Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God’s right hand. 2 Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth. 


What Jesus has done for us is amazing and again very deep.  More on that later.


Set you mind.  Choose what you are going to think about, and watch God work.  All of these verses help us go deeper with God as we think about His character.  


He is worthy of our praise…


His mercies are fresh every morning…


His searching me is a big and good deal…


His focus on us, and our focus should be on Him…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have you heard of EDITH BURNS?

Edith Burns was a wonderful Christian who lived in San Antonio, Texas . She was the patient of a doctor by the name of Will Phillips. Dr. Phillips was a gentle doctor who saw patients as people. His favorite patient was Edith Burns.  One morning he went to his office with a heavy heart and it was because of Edith Burns.  When he walked into that waiting room, there sat Edith with her big black Bible in her lap earnestly talking to a young mother sitting beside her.  Edith Burns had a habit of introducing herself in this way: "Hello, my name is Edith Burns.  Do you believe in Easter?" Then she would explain the meaning of Easter, and many times people would be saved.  Dr. Phillips walked into that office and there he saw the head nurse, Beverly. Beverly had first met Edith when she was taking her blood pressure. Edith began by saying,"My name is Edith Burns. Do you believe in Easter?"  Beverly said, "Why yes I do."  Edith said, "Well, what do you

why is it Good Friday?

  Holy Week is the time we focus on God and His gift of salvation.  We come to Friday.  The day we remember the cross, Jesus’ death and all God has done for you and me   Why do they call this day “Good Friday” because it doesn’t seems good?   Jesus was treated as a criminal.  He was beaten so much that He could not recognize Him.  His pain would have been too much for you or me to endure.  That is especially from Scripture I’ve read or as in the movie the  Passion of the Christ .   Yet it is a good day.  It is Good Friday because God had our good in His heart.  What Jesus did that day changed our forever direction. Here are some thoughts that come to me:   He is Redemption and Redeemer   He too our Pain and Punishment   He is our Righteousness and Reality   He is the Savior and Life   All of those happened from the cross.  It was meant for the worst lawbreakers.  It was not meant for a Savior who never broke a law.  It was lifted high so that onlookers could see the price Jesus.   Look

happy Thanksgiving

thursday e-devotion From my family to yours. From The Community Fellowship church family to you. Happy Thanksgiving!!!! 1 Chronicles 16:8 (NLT) Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done.