1 Timothy 2:1 NLT
I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them.
One of the things I do in conversations is to ask how I can pray for them. The answers I get are often pretty cool, and often people are caught by surprise when asked. It really is an honor to pray for people.
This past week I asked a young professional how I could pray for him. The conversation was so good. We talked about his faith, his work and his family. But one of the things this man said caught me off guard but was so good.
He shared how his brother passed away a few years ago. One of the things that encouraged me after his brother’s death was adding prayer to his daily life. Then he said something like this … “I cannot tell you how much peace it added to me just to make prayer a priority.”
That is an under statement to say the least, but I have found that to be true over and over. Prayer brings peace because prayer refocuses us on Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7 NLT
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
Those verses are the ones that came to mind. Powerful truth are the connection of prayer and peace.
As we are on the 4th of July holiday, the birthday remembrance of the United States, I challenge you to spend some time praying for the country, it’s leaders, the people and for the world, including for Israel and the peace of Jerusalem.
I leave you with these powerful verses about God’s heart…
1 Timothy 2:2-4 NLT
Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity. 3 This is good and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth.
Comments