The time we get with the Lord is precious. You might not feel that way today. You might not have felt that way in the past. But what I have come to long for and enjoy is what He shares with me.
It is not because I am special. But to Him I am. It is not because I am a pastor. But I am called. It is because God desires to meet with each of His children and impart to them the truths and the love that He has. It really is as simple as setting aside some time just for you and God. He will speak.
Matthew 6:6,33 NLT
But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private. Then your Father, who sees everything, will reward you… Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
First thing and best thing is that time with Him. Seek God and His kingdom.
Romans 10:17 NLT
So faith comes from hearing, that is, hearing the Good News about Christ.
Being in the Bible, the Word of God, really does matter.
James 1:5 NLT
If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking.
I need the wisdom of God. He gives. That is my life verse.
And I will close with some verses from Proverbs. For us to serve God, hear God and come close to God we must respect and honor God. That is the fear of the Lord.
May our time with God produce for us, in our one on one time, fear of God!
Proverbs 1:2-7 NLT
Their purpose is to teach people wisdom and discipline, to help them understand the insights of the wise. 3 Their purpose is to teach people to live disciplined and successful lives, to help them do what is right, just, and fair. 4 These proverbs will give insight to the simple, knowledge and discernment to the young. 5 Let the wise listen to these proverbs and become even wiser. Let those with understanding receive guidance 6 by exploring the meaning in these proverbs and parables, the words of the wise and their riddles. 7 Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.
Comments