What do you do when you can’t sleep? When you wake up early and try to go back to sleep, what do you do?
The older I get the more the answer to that question is to pray. Just pray. What do I pray for? I pray for the people who come to my mind, and the more I pray the more people come to my mind.
It is the interaction with the one who cares for us the most that makes the most difference in our lives. This could be when we are at our lowest and struggling. This could even be when everything is going well. Just spend that time with God and praying.
Praying has several parts that you don’t want to miss. The two biggest are speaking and listening. Too often our prayers are just pouring out to God. Stop and listen. Listen to what seems to be in your mind and heart. Hear the things that God puts in your heart. Even go to Scripture and pray the verses you are reading back to God. Let Him speak. He is always speaking.
Psalm 46:10 NLT
“Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world.”
That is part of praying. Be still and listen.
Psalm 62:5 NLT
Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him.
This is part of praying. Be quiet before God and wait. He is our hope.
James 5:16 NLT
Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.
This is part of praying. Confessing and praying for others.
When you are awake early in the morning, choose to pray. It will make a difference in you and in others.
Isaiah 55:6 NLT
Seek the Lord while you can find him. Call on him now while he is near.
Comments