Matthew 19:14 NLT
But Jesus said, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children.”
We are getting ready for the kids. back2school is happening, and it is such a blessing. Please pray for these students and their families as they hear about Jesus and see examples of His love for them.
In the 36 years I have been in ministry I can definitely say that the sweetest and most powerful thing I have been blessed to be part of is #back2school as to which this is the 20th year of this outreach. Oh my, the memories flood my mind and heart.
I think of the smiles on the faces of the kids. Some walk in with the smiles already painted across their faces. Some take a little while to warm up. Often they are so little and cute as they are excited about school and getting things they want. Others are older and not so enthusiastic about going back to school.
But what they have in common is why we get ready for the kids. Each and every one is “precious in His sight… Jesus loves the little children.” That songs rattles in my head as some times a tear trickles from my eyes. I can only imagine when Jesus took the child on His lap and blessed them.
I think Jesus spoke life to them about how special they are and how much He loves them. And Jesus would speak to each child individually. Can you imagine it? Oh my, the memories flood my heart and mind, but I am also well aware that we are making more memories this weekend.
It is about the kids, why we are getting ready for the kids, but it is about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and how He loves. May we be the hands and feet of Jesus. May we not just feel good about back2school but feel compassion for those who need Jesus.
This is a great time to be part of God’s family. This is a great project to join with others to make a difference. That is why we are getting ready for the kids
Thank you for praying for back2school. This is a great outreach impacting thousands of students for Jesus. Go to our facebook pages and to www.gob2s.com for more details.
1 John 3:18 NLT
Dear children, let’s not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions.
Comments