Respond with Your Eyes Open :: Thursday E-Devotion

So often I get in a conversation about half way through it. My wife says that I am nosey.

Well, I tell you today about a conversation, a God conversation, I caught the tale end of. I was caught off guard in many ways. It happened while I was driving down the road and listening to the radio hearing Nicole Nordeman’s song “Wide Eyed” (see this link for the lyrics).

http://lyrics.crossmap.com/track/nordeman-nichole/wide-eyed/wide-eyed.htm

She talked about meeting people on the streets of Los Angeles and how people shape what we think, say and do. Yet a meeting with Jesus changes our lives and the way we see life. Have we allowed our meeting with Him, our time with Him and our love for Him to impact our lives. Often, in these kind of conversations, I have to raise my hand as the guilty one missing the mark God desires for us.

Here is what Jesus did when meeting new people:

“When Jesus arrived, he saw this huge crowd. At the sight of them, his heart broke— like sheep with no shepherd they were. He went right to work teaching them.” Mark 6:34 (MSG)

What are we to do? How can we respond to people the so they will see and know our Lord in a real and big way?

“It is absolutely clear that God has called you to a free life. Just make sure that you don't use this freedom as an excuse to do whatever you want to do and destroy your freedom. Rather, use your freedom to serve one another in love; that's how freedom grows.” Galatians 5:13 (MSG)

How do we respond to others? Better yet and a real question for right now, how do I respond to God?

“But God put his love on the line for us by offering his Son in sacrificial death while we were of no use whatever to him.” Romans 5:8 (MSG)

Lets be willing to put our love, literally God’s love, on the line by seeing people and responding the way God does. It isn’t easy, but this is a God thing!

Comments