Skip to main content

real wisdom // Wendesday E-Devotion

"Scripture breathes wisdom like we breathe oxygen. It can't not. Through Scripture, God reveals Himself. The wisdom cannot be captured, let alone contained, on a neon bumper sticker or rubber bracelet. Wisdom itself invites us to go deeper - right into a relationship with God himself." --- Margaret Feinberg in The Organic God page 78

Leadership books. Cool, innovative pastors. And more.

I am always encouraged by people who get it. They have taken a skill, a gift, an idea and shoved it to the next level. Could be a business like one I watched on The Big Idea that started with $78 worth of product but is now grossing 100's of millions of dollars only a couple years later. It is always the church that started just a few years back but it make a huge difference, maybe with lots of people but with so much more as well. People who get wisdom need to be heard.

That is why Proverbs continues to be part of my daily routine. Every time I go there, I get something. I may have read the verse 100 times, but God shows up and hits my heart, my leadership desire, being a dad or husband or in countless areas of life I find help.

In God's wisdom we are invited, as Feinberg wrote, into a relationship with God. To know Him. To love Him and listen to Him. His wisdom changes us and charges us to move forward, to step up, to lead with courage and to live with integrity. Sounds like great business principles and leadership skills to me. What do you think?

Proverbs 3:18 (nlt) --- Wisdom is a tree of life to those who embrace her;happy are those who hold her tightly.

Proverbs 4:7 (nlt) --- Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do!And whatever else you do, develop good judgment.

Colossians 2:3 (nlt) --- In him lie hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Real wisdom comes from God. You can get it from great authors and business people who don't know our God, but their wisdom, the core and heart of it, came from God first. Think about. Real wisdom lasts.

Comments

David Stokely said…
I so very much agree with you. Real wisdom does come only from God. I didn't find God until I was 46 years old. Prior to that I was an atheist. In roughly the first 100 days my long held opinions on lots and lots of things did an 180° turn about. Looking back I can still see the tattered remnants of my old arguments and opinions hanging in my mind, all gone. . . swept away.

I enjoy your blog.

Popular posts from this blog

Francis Chan's "Forgotten God" (brand new book)

One of the most powerful preachers, writers and leaders of our time, in my opinion, is Francis Chan.  His first book, Crazy Love , revolutionized my thoughts about God's love as well as my interacting with God.  Now it is time for a brand new book from Chan being released tomorrow, September 1st.  The book is Forgotten God .   This is a phenomenal book about the power that Christians and the church can and must tap into.  All of it is within the Holy Spirit.  Francis talks about the power that was seen in the book of Acts when the Holy Spirit began to move among people.  It is true that many have avoided or maybe forgotten what the Holy Spirit is all about.   And like the Savior who poured out His life and blood so we have reason to rejoice, we were made to lay down our lives and give until it hurts.  We are most alive when we are loving and actively giving of ourselves because we were made to do these things.  It is when we live like this that the Spirit of God moves and ac...

inspiration from C.S. Lewis

There are many people, past and present, who get our attention by what they write or say or share.  For me C.S. Lewis is one of those.  He was a prolific writer who continues to grab the attention of thinkers from many different points of view. Lewis first grabbed my attention when I was in 5 th grader, and our teacher, Mrs. Foy, shared The Chronicles of Narnia with our class.  It was a powerful time that this dreamer opened doors to thinking like I had never lived before.  He wrote of faith, of far off places and of strong figures who found their character rooted deep in God. C.S. Lewis was born in 1898 and died in 1963, 7 years before I was born.  It wasn’t until his 30’s that under the influence of his friend Tolkien that he came to be a Christian.  He was raised in a traditional church going home, turned away from God as an Atheist in his teen years and through trying to stay away from God and faith returned to God with...

Catalyst ticket arrived

My ticket to the Catalyst Conference, in Atlanta Oct 8-10, just arrived. I'm excited!