Monday, March 3, 2008

for the sake of souls :: Monday E-Devotion

The past few days I have spent with friends who lost a special family member.  I have heard stories, watched friends share and seen the grief that comes with times like this.  Yet I continue to be so taken and touched by how God gives us hope.
 
That is the hope of salvation or the hope of a loved ones salvation.  Sitting at a table with a precious gentleman yesterday afternoon, he told me of a story he saw of how the peace of God changed a life in big ways.  The conversation turned to his own faith and trust in God.  I cannot tell you the joy I felt because of the prayers that went up for this man.
 
What are we willing to do so that some will know Jesus? 
 
1 Corinthians 9:22 (nlt) --- When I am with those who are weak, I share their weakness, for I want to bring the weak to Christ. Yes, I try to find common ground with everyone, doing everything I can to save some.
No, I am not Paul, and neither are you.  Yet we have choices to make and great impact we can have.  It comes through the choices we make.  Self or savior.  Life poured out and lost or life lived for others.
 
 James 1:21 (nlt) --- So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the word God has planted in your hearts, for it has the power to save your souls.
 
My best friend and I were watching a movie last night, and I found this quote that I had to share.
 
Any man thats got the guts to sell his soul for love has got the power to change the world, you didn't do it for greed, you did it for the right reason, maybe that puts God on your side, to them that makes you dangerous, makes you unpredictable, thats the best thing you can be right now. ---quote from the movie Ghost Rider (2007).
 
Do you get it?  No, it was not a Christian movie, but right in the middle of the chaos I found God speaking me and to others.  Am I willing to "sell my soul"?  Am you willing for God to "makes you dangerous, makes you unpredictable..."?
 
Man, I love knowing that heaven is my destination and that I have hope.  But do I can and do anything about others having hope?  Do I live for the sake of souls and for the sake of God's kingdom having more and more people in it?
 
1 Peter 2:25 (nlt) --- Once you were like sheep who wandered away.  But now you have turned to your Shepherd, the Guardian of your souls. 
 
Friends, we have to think those thoughts and let others know the peace we have.  Why?  One day it will be too late.

No comments:

the power of God

The power of God will take you out of your own plans and put you into the plan of God. --- Smith Wigglesworth It is the power of Go...