- the older son was so busy doing the father's work that he didn't know the father's heart...it is completely possible for God to be working all around us and we are clueless and have to ask what is going on.
- question 1. What is it that God wants to do in your church? 2 key thoughts are time and effort. You will only know what comes from God through passionate time with God.
- Inspiration doesn't cover for a lack of revelation!
- when God tells you what to do, stop saying you can't!
- question 2. What are the barriers that are in your way? 3 thoughts are refusal to change, jealousy and a lack of understanding.
- Deuteronomy 34:5-6 ... God had to remove Moses from the scene before God's people could enter the promised land!
- Be careful what you speak against because you might speak against the Holy Spirit...some times God checks our character by seeing how we respond to the success of people around us.
- question 3. What do we want to celebrate? the older son could have had a party any time. He didn't know that, and now he is mad because his little brother, who gave everything he had away, is having a party.
- We have got to be become uncomfortable with church not reaching people for Jesus!
Session # 2 --- talked about Moses learning to lead and the story of his rod turning into a snake and his hand being leprous in Exodus 4:1-7.
- thought 1. If you want to make it for the long haul, deal with your pride and insecurities. When you let go of your pride, God will accomplish much more.
- Pastors are either prophets for God or prostitutes of the church.
- Get comfortable with who God made you to be. 1 Corinthians 1:26
- thought 2. Use your staff. God gave Moses his staff to lean on not for his staff to lean on him. Respect those you work with and honor them well. Have fun together.
- thought 3. Take God-Directed Risks. Take risk that if God does not intervene you might get bit (hence the story of Moses' rod turning into a snake).
- thought 4. Understand at times it is gonna hurt. Sometimes WE ARE the biggest whiners and complainers.
- thought 5. Follow His leadership. Moses was told if he followed what God said, he would be healed (hand and leprosy).
- This session ended with a huge piece for me with my staff (leadership team) praying around me as were the other pastors in the room. It was moving, big time.
This was an awesome trip. Well worth the time and investment that each of us AND the church made. This Sunday several of our leaders will be sharing (you don't want to miss that if you are near by). I am so thankful for what God is teaching us as we, The Community, push on to the next level of growing and seeing more people saved.
Laura Fuller is recovering from shingles and 9 months pregnant. Bobby Hodges is battling sickness. Lester Doss has a tumor between his eyes that will need to be removed as he continues to battle cancer. Roger Billings will have open heart surgery on Monday. Marilyn and Allison Dickey, friends in Oklahoma, need your prayers. Allison continues to have heart problems, yet there were 7 people saved at the church pastors last week. Praise God. Marilyn has an infection in her blood and has been in the hospital all week. Pray for an older gentleman in Spartanburg, SC who needs to accept Jesus (cannot remembers his name).
E-DEVOTIONS: writer Michael Harrison, lead Pastor, The Community Fellowship; purpose, encourage you toward Jesus; archived, at Michael's blog, www.e-devotion.blogspot.com; subscribe or contact info, email@example.com.