Wednesday, May 7, 2008

another word about OUR words

Right with our devotion today, I recieved the following from a friend and prayer partner in Tulsa:

Three narrow gates through which our words must pass. First, "Is it true", "Is it needful", and the last
and narrowest "Is it Kind"?  If our words can pass through these three gateways, we need not fear the results
of our speech.
 
A careless word may kindle strife;
A cruel word may wreck a life;
A bitter word may hate instill;
A brutal word may smite and kill.
A gracious word may smooth the way;
A joyous word may light the day;
A timely word may lessen stress;
A loving word may heal and bless.
 
"may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight" Psalm 19:14
 
Michael, I committed this to memory a long time ago and still carry the paper it's on in my Bible.
 
Bro HARRY

No comments:

make adjustments so you can thrive

There’s more to being a Christian than just getting by.  Many of the people you and I deal with are just surviving.  Go...