Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Jonathan Herron - "Real or Fake... in Preaching"

Here are some excellent thoughts from Jonathan Herron on becoming better communicators

Real or Fake... in Preaching

I'm always seeking to learn about myself as a communicator on Sundays.  I don't want to settle; I want to grow and improve in teaching the Bible at Catalyst.

Thinking through authenticity in preaching, some questions I'm asking myself this week:

Do I match the emotion/passion of the original writer as he composed the Scripture?

Does my lack of emotional intensity cause indifference for my hearers?

Do I embrace silence at key points?

Is my speaking rhythm easy to follow?

Do I connect the text to Jesus?  If not, WHO am I pointing people to?

 



No comments:

start to pray

Psalm 42:8    NLT But each day the   Lord   pours his unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing his songs,   praying to Go...