Sunday, June 8, 2008

One Prayer begins NOW

We begin this morning as I preach a message titled Lord, Make Us Effective taken from Romans 15:1-13.  Look for more notes tomorrow in the e-devotion.  As Mark Beeson shared on his blog I encourage you to do the following:
 

During this month of focused prayer I'm specifically asking our church to make every effort to do five things for One Prayer:

1. Make every effort to participate in mission projects this month. Put energy and time in.

2. Make every effort to pray daily for One Prayer. Praying through John 17 each day may help you with this discipline.

3. Make every effort to fast at least one meal each week during One Prayer

4. Make every effort to give to help start new churches.  We will take an offering the third week of the series to be part of an effort to start 500 churches in 4 nations.

5. Make every effort to encourage others to be faithful in meeting together each week. "Let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another..." (Hebrews 10:25)

Let's unite in One Prayer.

John 17:20-21 - I'm praying not only for them But also for those who will believe in me Because of them and their witness about me. The goal is for all of them to become one heart and mind— Just as you, Father, are in me and I in you, So they might be one heart and mind with us. Then the world might believe that you, in fact, sent me.

No comments:

pray for your children

The beginning of the school year brings all kinds of thoughts and emotions my way.   My wife, a 1st grade teacher, told our 9th grader s...