Wednesday, September 3, 2008

a quick note [+] Wednesday E-Devotion

Got to be honest with you.  It has been a long but productive day.  Forgive me for not sending a devotion earlier, yet God and I have had some sweet times.  Here are some things I am chewing on this afternoon:
 
Isaiah 43:18-19 (nlt) --- But forget all that— it is nothing compared to what I am going to do.  For I am about to do something new.  See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?  I will make a pathway through the wilderness.  I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.
 
Great reminder today from God.  I am where I am and I am who I am because of the grace of God and the vision that He has given me.  Don't forget it.  Hold tightly to it.  Tell others about it.  But never forget this either:
 
1 Peter 5:8 (nlt) --- Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.
 
It is easy to get discouraged.  It is easy to get sidetracked.  Yet a person who has heard from God and holds tight to the vision God has given them cannot be devoured.  HINT: it is all about a relationship with God that our enemy doesn't like, and the enemy is willing to do anything to get you off center.  So remember:
 
Proverbs 29:18 (nlt) --- When people do not accept divine guidance, they run wild.  But whoever obeys the law is joyful.
 
God, renew my passion for you.  Clarify the vision you have given and let others see that life is all about you.  No more and no less.  Thank you for your gifts and reminders, for your people and for your passion.  Please raise up a people who are willing to seek you, praying with desire to see you work and save those who are lost.  Give us a hunger to see lost people find you.  Nothing else.  Thank you for your protection that comes from holding tight to what you have done, what you have said and to where you are leading.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

lead follower

I was reading an article from a pastor that was sharing his heart for his church family and impacting his community one person at a time...