Thursday, October 2, 2008

I want to live [+] Thursday E-Devotion

I want to live.  Some people have a choice, yet some choose not to live, only to survive day to day.  We continue to ask people this question: what would you do if you only had a short time to live?  Would you live different?  Would you change your priorities?  Answer that.

Far too many people are breathing but not living life.  Some people are letting opportunities and life pass by them.  So, I want to live.  I choose to make a choice that will change me and change the people that I encounter every day.

By the way, the longer I live, the more ministry I choose and the more I seek to live, the more people I meet who are scared of life and not really living.  They are discouraged, sick, at the bottom of the barrel so-to-speak, or at the end of their rope.  It is time to make healthy choices.  It is time to live.  It is time get on the top of the building or on the highest mountain and make your statement: I WANT TO LIVE.

America needs .... the people of the world need hope.  That is hope that lasts and doesn't fade, and choosing to live is a huge deal.  Look at it like this:

Psalm 34:8-14 (nlt) --- Taste and see that the Lord is good.  Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him!  Fear the Lord, you his godly people, for those who fear him will have all they need.  Even strong young lions sometimes go hungry, but those who trust in the Lord will lack no good thing.  Come, my children, and listen to me, and I will teach you to fear the Lord.  Does anyone want to live a life that is long and prosperous?  Then keep your tongue from speaking evil and your lips from telling lies!  Turn away from evil and do good.  Search for peace, and work to maintain it.

Wanna live life?  Want to have a long life?  There are some words for you.

Take shelter in God because He is so very good as we turn our lives toward Him, fearing and respecting God.  Even when we are strong we need God.  Why?  Our strength cannot go like God's can.  Thus, the plan.  Put it in place.  Make it work.

I want to live.  Prayer: Lord, make my words count and make them point to you.  Let my heart and my mind turn toward you.  Help me know and share your peace with others.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

I am excited because living life means I cannot stay by myself or stay the same, and this Sunday The Community Fellowship host's our 2nd Biker Sunday (with free food, a great worship band "Direct Message", lots of giveaways, a relevant message and more).  Pray that others, including yourself, will make a choice ... I want to live ... even if I only have a short time to do it.

No comments:

start to pray

Psalm 42:8    NLT But each day the   Lord   pours his unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing his songs,   praying to Go...