Monday, November 3, 2008

Election Day '08 [+] Tuesday E-Devotion

This is super Tuesday.  Our nation, at least some of us, stand up to be counted.  Our vote and our opinion count.  I encourage you to vote.  Share your voice.  Want me to tell you how to vote?  Here it goes ... do what God tells you to do in your Spirit.  Nothing more and nothing less.

In the next few lines, I want to articulate some thoughts I have been having through this election year (and it seems to have been a looooong year of that campaign stuff).

God says:

Psalm 33:12 (nlt) --- Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD,The people whom He has chosen for His own inheritance.

Our pledge has this phrase:

"... one nation, under God ..."

Our money displays this quote:

"In God we trust"

Our leaders both local and national say:

"God bless America"

Are these things true?  Yes, they are.  Do we hold them?  Those of us who believe God do hold them.  But how do we share with the world around us our heart and passion and love for this nation that so needs Jesus?  We do that by not giving us (no matter who is elected).  We live this by sharing what we believe (based on what the Bible says).  We choose to make the most of the time we have (because God uses our lives and testimonies to lead others to Himself.

What's the point?  America needs God.  And God has chosen you!!!  He has chosen you and me, His kids, to press on with His truth in a nation and at a time when others desperately need Him.  Get out and vote.  Do your part and vote based on what God says to your heart.

I am in Texas and all day Tuesday I will be helping a friend who is campaigning for a state office.  Something new for me.  Something pretty cool.  I get to talk to people all day long on election day.  I like that. 

To get here I had to spend some time on a couple of airplanes, which by the way is my favorite place to talk to people about Jesus.  You have an audience that can not move until after we land.  I had two awesome conversations.  Both are Christians.  One has a tight walk with Jesus and is a CPA that leads the youth ministry as his church in Ohio, and the other is a young law student working for the democratic nominee to be our president.  Great conversations about Jesus.  (Pray for this great dude, young law student as he has an important test on Friday.)  I continue to learn that our words and our time will lead people.  But how do we lead them?  In what direction do we lead them?

Conclusion: living by faith is not easy, but God uses our faith to touch people's lives.  I get that.  I like that.

This election day, I encourage you to vote.  I encourage you to make sure you share your heart and let God make the most of all He has given you!  Please join me in praying for this election.

1 Timothy 2:2 (nlt) --- Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority...

Romans 13:1 (nlt) --- Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. 

Singer Lee Greenwood put it best in his song "God Bless the USA" when he said "I'm proud to be an American..."

[+] Please Pray --- Pray for several marriages in crisis this week and needing healing.  [+] E-DEVOTIONS: authored by Michael Harrison, lead Pastor, The Community Fellowshipreason to encourage you to follow Jesus; archived at Michael's blog, http://michael.thecommunityfellowship.org/;  subscribe, unsubscribe or contact  mharrison@thecommunityfellowship.org.


No comments:

happy birthday, Julie

Proverbs 18:22   NLT The man who finds a   wife   finds a treasure, and he receives   favor   from the   Lord . Yes, I have foun...