Wednesday, December 3, 2008

creative leading

Proverbs 12:28 (nlt) --- The way of the godly leads to life; that path does not lead to death.

Beyond any doubt I know that God called me to be a leader.  To lead my family and those I serve is an honor, but it also a huge responsibility.  Maybe one of the greatest issues that I have as I leader (I know there are others) is in decision making.  But I am learning.
 
In the past few weeks I have held on to a couple quotes about leading that I want to pass your way.  They made me stop and think.  I know they will do the same for you (notice the source, a great leader in his field):
 
"The only way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing!" - Walt Disney
 
"A man should never neglect his family for business." - Walt Disney
 
Both are leadership opportunities and pitfalls.  Both allow me the direction to either succeed or fail in big, big ways.  But I have to stop, ask myself some large quesitons and let God work in my heart.  To not stop, not question and then to not listen is what leads to failure.  I get that, and I don't want it.
 
Yep, those quotes came from Walt Disney who was not a relgious leader at all.  But this dude led his people to heights of creativity and excellence few others have had.  I am convinced that we, as leaders, have to learn from people who lead in big time creative ways.  

Stop and ask these two questions: am I cutting off my family so my career or ministry can get more of me, AND am I talking more than I am doing?

That hurts.  But that is real!

Romans 12:8 (nlt) --- ... If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously...

interacting with the Word of God

My family is in the middle of a devotion that uses one of my favorite passages in the Bible about the Bible.   These words about the wor...