Friday, December 5, 2008

love more ... expect less.

She was walking through the parking one weekend afternoon.  Evident that it had been a bad day.  We started talking.  Ended up praying.  Her family had a need...
 
My wife and I were coming home one evening after a dinner meeting.  A young lady we know from the community was walking home.  We stopped took home, but we talked about Jesus on the way...
 
He walked into the church during an outreach event.  The conversation revealed the fact that he was homeless.  The next few days God opened several doors.  He's seen God work in big ways...
 
The stories go on and on and to be completely honest with you, I hunger for more.  I really do.  Looking around me each day, no matter the time of day, I'm watching for where God is working, who He is leading me to and asking God to work through me.  I can say this with passion ... life change makes my job awesome!
 
Romans 13:8 (nasb) --- Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.
This Sunday at The Community Fellowship we begin our series LOVE MORE ... EXPECT LESS. series.  There are some awesome things coming with it.  In fact we are putting our money where our mouth is and demonstrating the love of God to our community by giving ourselves and more away.  You need to be here to learn more or listen in next week.  This is going to be good.  I cannot wait to see and hear what God does.
 
It began for me many months ago as God birthed in my heart some things about His love.   I want to challenge you to get outside yourself this Christmas season, more than ever before.  Give more than you intended.  Let yourself get tied into showing people who you are, no who God is! 
 
We are excited because of the Angel Tree ministry we are part of that will bless 88 plus kids.  We are excited about some things God will be giving away, like never before at The Community.  We are excited about our mission offering, our goal is $4,000 and is set to do more and bless more people than we have ever touched before.  Watch and see.  Reach out and give.
 
Why?  God has called us, and I ask you to join, as we love people more and expect nothing in return from them.  Show His love no matter what, no matter what it costs, no matter who it is.  Make a difference for Jesus.  That's what being God's kids is all about!
 
Matthew 5:16 (nlt) --- Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.
 
1 John 3:17 (nasb) --- But whoever has the world's goods, and sees his brother in need and closes his heart against him, how does the love of God abide in him?

God is the Great I AM

This devotion is what our family read last night, and it is powerful.   It is from “Doing Things That Matter”, a devotional from youvers...