Tuesday, January 6, 2009

be brave & deal with left-overs

On Sunday we talked about being "sick of left-overs" as it applies to what we offer God and how we live our lives.  God intends for us to get the most out of like, to experience real life and blessings as well as to give back to those we meet along our past.  That makes life right for me.  Give me hope and passion and meaning.  Lets unpack a bit of those thoughts.

First, no leftovers for me!

Hosea 13:6 (nlt) --- But when you had eaten and were satisfied, you became proud and forgot me.

Luke 14:33 (nlt) ---  So you cannot become my disciple without giving up everything you own.

We could talk about giving or serving or a number of things, but the biggest part, in my opinion is the barriers to knowing, spending time with and serving God.  It can be a barrier of pride, anger, prejudice or other. What barriers are in your way keeping you from giving your all to God?  Honestly, what makes us as Christians continue to give God only what we have left overs.  By the way, I hate left-overs.  God does too.

1 Chronicles 21:24 (nlt) --- But King David replied to Araunah, "No, I insist on buying it for the full price. I will not take what is yours and give it to the Lord. I will not present burnt offerings that have cost me nothing!"

Revelation 3:16 (nlt) --- But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth!

Last thing.  What is gonna take for us to be brave in 2009?  I'm having these thoughts every day and even took them to our leaders last night.  They are a big deal.  Read on and dig in!

Psalm 27:14   --- Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.

Bravery includes WAITING ON GOD and Waiting involves TRUSTING GOD FULLY.

1 Corinthians 16:13   --- Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong.

WATCH or be prepared KNOWING what you believe. Be Firm in your Faith.  Remember that being Strong and brave include being OBEDIENCE to God!

Joshua 1:7 --- Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the instructions Moses gave you. Do not deviate from them, turning either to the right or to the left. Then you will be successful in everything you do.

God Commanded us to be COURAGEOUS and to remember His INSTRUCTIONS that lead to success (but God isn't a puppet master).  He allows us to choose.  So, we must Learn from what it is like when we LEAVE the truth and do our own thing.

I choose to be brave and to deal with left-overs 'cause I'm tired giving left-overs to God.  It takes being brave to stop giving them.  My choice.  How about yours?

No comments:

eat this book and share it

Our great, gracious and almighty God desires to feed us His word.   The scriptures are for our good, for us to feed on Spiritually.   Th...