- you cannot have successful ministry by just having the right outside and not inside (speaking about out lives)
- God is more interested in and it is more important to focus on what we are becoming rather what we do.
- Having the right inner motivation is vital
- its easier to have the external right stuff or to look like you have all the right stuff together
- God wants us not just to "Love" or be "faithful" but to be "loving" and be faithful. The difference is living inside out. Changed first on the inside.
Daniel 6:3 Now Daniel so distinguished himself among the administrators and the satraps by his exceptional qualities that the king planned to set him over the whole kingdom.
- focus more on what you are becoming rather than what you are doing. HOW?
1. loving life
- enjoy today, not despising the moment you are in now
- dreaming of another or of a best day
- the best day is now
- ministry often takes us to another place mentally where we do not need to be. Live today.
- success follows living life today
2. loving people
- we need to see people
- illustration of Matthew Barnett and the Dream Center. Every month go get a view of where people really are, where they are hurting and needing hope.
- understand the plight of people
- 1 Thessalonians 2:3-12
- how do you feel about people today?
- some love the crowd but hate the person (that is so wrong)
3. living God
- motivation of our work should be because we are in love with God
- God said, "you love them more than you love me" speaking of the people you would rather be with than spending time with God. Get real with God.
- God asks, "I know what you do for me, but fo you love me?"
- 2 Corinthians 5:14-15 the love of God compels us