Isaiah 58:10 Feed the hungry, and help those in trouble. Then your light will shine out from the darkness, and the darkness around you will be as bright as noon.
- Develope a culture of serving!
- If you want to finish your desting strong, you have to make choices.
- Its one thing to get the vision. Its another to ride the vision to the end.
- Longevity means durable, lasting thry different seasons. Can we maintain?
- Its not my ability or talent but about my surrender and folloing God.
Read Acts 5:1-22 (story of Annanias & Saphira)
- They lied about their offering and were struck dead for lieing to God (they lied and died).
- Strange that their names mean grace and beauty.
- Their imatation of another person was not genuine. If that is true of us, it will get us in trouble.
- What would the story have been like if they were honest?
- Transparency is a huge need today and is a character trait of successful leaders.
- What was it like for the young men who had to carry them out? They were getting a fresh picture of short lives vision.
- When we have a situation we know about that discredits others, don't say a word about it but get in the word about it.
3 Marks of Longevity:
- not thinking less of yourself but thinking of yourself less (Rick Warren)
- Annanias and Saphira were proud about their gift.
- foundation of everything in our churches is honesty.
- Don't pretend to be something you are not.
- create an honorable enviorment.
- Honor those that have gone before us. Then God will give us a long life.
- Guard our words ... use honrable words