- you are celebrity because you are as important as anyone out here. (word from a golf caddy, Willy McRae who ha caddied for presidents and great stars)
- you are writing a story and God has an awesome plan for your life.
KEEPING IT SWEET
- how can we love planting churches and doing ministry
- Paul started the church at Philippi (most scholars believe this was Paul's favorite church)
- Paul said every time I think of you I pray for joy. I love you (chapter 1)
- I want to keep the innocence that I began with
1. you have got to dream it … keep dreaming
- the dream came thru much time and God speaking. God compelled Paul to stop many times. That is when God spoke and changed his life.
- be careful that the vision is not something you created and not from God
- sometimes we become foolish when we compare ourselves with other ministries and other church plants.
- comparing ourselves makes us become foolish
- your dream comes from God and needs to be specific.
- God has a plan and a purpose for your dream
- the dream is for God, for His people and His church
- submit to the dream of God
- Luke 1:1-4 Even tho John and others have shared their testimony, but there is something in me that I have to share
- the message and the dream is to be the person of Chris in the region that He has called you to.
- the purpose of the various Gospel accounts is because all of us have different perspectives from where they sit or stand
- God gives His dreams in people who have openness.
- God has placed His dream within you. You know it is from God.
- God gives us the responsibility to deliver the dream. It our job to deliver it to our region.
- be careful who you allow into your world.
- let the dream include people. If it is not helping people, it must not be from God
- without a dream it is all empty
- there are dream killers waiting to catch you and kill you.
2. you have got to live it
- Acts 12:10-12
- connect with other people. Partnership helps you live it out
- you have got to have a WE. Living it out with other people.
- Paul began to understand that you have the right team
- watch out for the left lane leaders (they drive in the left lane but have not business in that lane)
- who can you download your vision to?
- have to have a sense of urgency
- you have to have shared the dream. And everyone who has touched the dream going in the same direction.
- do you care more about your stewardship than your friendship?
- people became aware of the dream
3. you have got to flow with it
- Acts 16:13-15 this lady got it and shared with those coming into town; Lydia
- you may not meet the people you see in your dream
- sometimes you show and ask God where is the person you showed me in the dream
- sometimes you have to adjust the dream. Be flexible. Adjust to reach people.
- our target at times as to change to reach the people we are touching.
- can you flow with what God sends you that looks different from you thought the dream was?
4. you have got to confront it
- you will always meet a religious spirit. Paul cast it out
- if you don't like to confront, you will never move up
5. you have got to stand up
- 3 families in the church at Philippi: guy in prison, Lydia, lady with demon
6. you have got to enjoy it
- Acts 16:35-4 the city and the region became theirs.
- if you do not go through the process, you will never enjoy ministry