(Jonathan is pastor of Church Thomas Road Baptist Church in Lynchburg, VA)
KEEP OUR VISION FROM BECOMING A VICTIM
- The ends of the earth, our mission field, is not found inside the church.
- Proverbs 29:18 --- without vision, people perish
- Vision is what we must do and must grasp.
- When we lose our vision, the church dies.
- See Joshua 1, everywhere you foot touches I'm giving to you.
God gives a vision to person.
1. Vision can become a victim of pride.
- Our drive to be successful or considered successful is the first step to failure.
- This is the desire for others to see and know and recognize us.
- God us to preach people. Pride keeps us from that calling.
2. Vision can become a victim of jealousy.
- Our jealousy of someone else's success will lead to our failure and losing our vision.
- God didn't call us to build a mega church.
- We're not in this for the recognition.
3. Vision can become a victim of begin stagnant.
- If we come empty before our people, those we lead, then our people will not be fed.
- John 15:5, remain in me and you will bear fruit.
- We have no right to come before our people when we are empty and not growing Christ.
- What can I do to get closer to God? None of us are too close to God.
4. Vision can become a victim of what other people think.
- When you discover your purpose, you discover your enemies.
- Discouragement happens often. Prepare for it.
- In human terms, I want to please everyone, yet this destroys me and leaves my vision behind.
- I only have to please God!
5. Vision can become a victim of being insecure.
- Ask yourself "Who am I?" Do I deserve to have the honor of leading these people? Stay humble.
- When you think you've got it together or have what it takes, you fail.
- Daniel 10:10-12,17-19
- When God gives you a vision, He also gives you what it takes to pull it off.
- Joshua 21:43-45
What's the vision that God gave you and what's stopping you from fulfilling it?