Thursday, May 7, 2009

my pray for us today

This has been a full week, and it's not over yet (birthdays, days of prayer, Mother's Day...).  Today is the National Day of Prayer which is set aside by our president and has been for some time.  I want to encourage you to spend some extra time praying for our nation and it's leaders, for your community and it's leaders.  I beleive that Christians and churches are to step up and serve those we encounter.
 
Matthew 5:42 (nlt) --- Give to those who ask, and don't turn away from those who want to borrow.
 
To be able to do that we have to be spiritually ready.  Here are some verses on my mind and in my study today:
 
2 Chronicles 7:14 (nlt) --- Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.
 
1 Peter 4:10 (nlt) --- God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another.
 
Proverbs 29:7 (nlt) --- The godly care about the rights of the poor;the wicked don't care at all.
 
Do you mind if I get up on my soap for a minute?  Thanks.
 
I am glad our government as programs and somewhat of a heart to serve those in need.  Yet I believe that is it the church's duty to serve those in need.  If we would do our job, the goverment could care about other issues.  There.  I said it.
 
My heart is to see God do something so big and good through the church in serving those in need that those in need turn to God and allow Him to change their lives.  That begins with our lives being changed.  That means our eyes have to be seeing what God sees and doing something with what we see.  That is my prayer for you and me!
 
Ephesians 1:18 (nasb) --- I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,
 
Ecclesiastes 4:10 (nlt) --- If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble.
 
God, help us to help others.  Allow us to create room and margin in our lives where we have the time and resources to help others.  But most of all I ask that you help us see people as you see them.  In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sri Ramakrishna is one of my favouriate master and i love his book "gospels of sri ramakrihsna"

Sri Ramakrishna Teachings are bested suited for heart oriented people or some one who follows the path of devotion or bhakti

here is one blog dedicated to him

http://ramakrishnateachings.blogspot.com/

lead follower

I was reading an article from a pastor that was sharing his heart for his church family and impacting his community one person at a time...