Friday, May 8, 2009

the perfect woman

The perfect woman ... I have found her.  No, I didn't find her from some cooking show.  Didn't meet her through the isles of the hardware store.  Her picture wasn't in one of those magazines (you know what I mean).  I found her spending time with God and getting closer to Him as she cared for others.

I can point you in the direction of my wife or my mom or lots of special women I know, but I want to give you God's word about the perfect woman.  Read on:

PROVERBS 31 (gwt)

10 "Who can find a wife with a strong character? She is worth far more than jewels.

11 Her husband trusts her with all his heart, and he does not lack anything good.

12 She helps him and never harms him all the days of her life.

17 She puts on strength like a belt and goes to work with energy.

18 She sees that she is making a good profit. Her lamp burns late at night.

20 She opens her hands to oppressed people and stretches them out to needy people.

21 She does not fear for her family when it snows because her whole family has a double layer of clothing.

23 "Her husband is known at the city gates when he sits with the leaders of the land.

25 She dresses with strength and nobility, and she smiles at the future.

26 "She speaks with wisdom, and on her tongue there is tender instruction.

27 She keeps a close eye on the conduct of her family, and she does not eat the bread of idleness.

28 Her children and her husband stand up and bless her.  In addition, he sings her praises, by saying,

29 'Many women have done noble work, but you have surpassed them all!'

30 "Charm is deceptive, and beauty evaporates, but a woman who has the fear of the Lord should be praised.

31 Reward her for what she has done, and let her achievements praise her at the city gates."


Those are some powerful words.  Make sure that you encourage the women in your life.  I want to say a happy Mother's Day to my mom and my wife!

No comments:

happy birthday, Julie

Proverbs 18:22   NLT The man who finds a   wife   finds a treasure, and he receives   favor   from the   Lord . Yes, I have foun...