Friday, June 5, 2009

be real

I don't like to be around people who are fake.  Who does?  This is something I have mentioned several times this week about being authentic.  

When we get real with God and with people, things will happen.  It is not always comfortable, but it is always right.  In fact, when people see our pain and our weaknesses, it may give them the courage to live life when life is touch.  God use our pain and he uses our victories.  Yet far too many people cover those things up due to pride or shame.  We need to let people see who we are and how God has changed our lives.

I close the week (and it has been a busy, challenging but good week) with verses from my time with God today.  My prayer is that I will be so real that my family as well as other people I encounter will see through me to God.  That's what you call being transparent.  Lets be real!

Proverbs 5:21 (gwt) --- Each person's ways are clearly seen by the Lord, and he surveys all his actions.

Psalms 46:10 (gwt) --- Let go of your concerns!  Then you will know that I am God...

Let our lives shine brighter by getting real.  Which means we put aside what is fake and what keeps people from seeing Jesus.

No comments:

happy birthday, Julie

Proverbs 18:22   NLT The man who finds a   wife   finds a treasure, and he receives   favor   from the   Lord . Yes, I have foun...