Wednesday, February 3, 2010

do you have beautiful feet?

Romans 10:15 (NLT) --- And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say, "How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!"

I don't have beautiful feet.  Hate to admit it but my toenails are horrible.  Almost as bad as the guys from the movie Dumb and Dumber where the people had to put on masks and use a grinder to work on their toenails.  Maybe my feet aren't that bad.

But that verse is talking about the feet of people who spread the news and hope of Jesus.  Several times this week I have been able to share the hope that comes from knowing Jesus.  In the last 14 hours some of those conversations have blown me away.  It is my heart to help more hurting people in our community, and God continues to open the doors.  I was sitting in a meeting last night when a friend told me about some people in Martinsville who are about to be homeless.  I spent a good deal of time this morning learning more about that.

Come to find out, we have more of an opportunity to serve and share and be who Jesus made us to be all the time offering that hope.  But this will only happen if we have beautiful feet.  That is the kind of feet Jesus was talking about.

Do we share His hope?  Are we helping others have a reason to live and to see that God will change their lives?  It is time that we make sure our feet are ready and that our feet are beautiful because we are sharing the stuff that will change lives ... the hope that Jesus alone can give.

Ephesians 6:15 (NIV) --- and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.

No comments:

lead follower

I was reading an article from a pastor that was sharing his heart for his church family and impacting his community one person at a time...