All Access 2010
Thursday, April 29, 2010
It's All About the Numbers… Chris Hodges
3 phrases that burden me:
1. Everything I am doing it just useless.
2. I'm tired, worn out.
3. I'm discouraged.
Don't believe the lies of Satan. When you belong to Jesus, you are a champion.
Ephesians 3:10 (NASB) --- so that the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known through the church to the rulers and the authorities in the heavenly places.
How do you strike the balance between numbers and spiritual stuff?
1. Grow yourself first.
· When there is something much deeper inside you, the great work of God, the growth will come.
· "You have not won the war of the spiritual." Sometimes we don't get it. Without a deep work inside of us, we will not grow.
Acts 1:4-8 (NASB) --- Gathering them together, He commanded them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait for what the Father had promised, "Which," He said, "you heard of from Me; 5 for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now." 6 So when they had come together, they were asking Him, saying, "Lord, is it at this time You are restoring the kingdom to Israel?"7 He said to them, "It is not for you to know times or epochs which the Father has fixed by His own authority;8 but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth."
· Growth is important but that is not for you to know.
2. Grow for the right reasons.
· We have got to get our hearts right.
· Keep your heart pure. Not because you need it for you.
Luke 17:7-10 (NIV) --- "Suppose one of you had a servant plowing or looking after the sheep. Would he say to the servant when he comes in from the field, 'Come along now and sit down to eat'?8 Would he not rather say, 'Prepare my supper, get yourself ready and wait on me while I eat and drink; after that you may eat and drink'?9 Would he thank the servant because he did what he was told to do?10 So you also, when you have done everything you were told to do, should say, 'We are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty.' "
· We are slaves by choice --- Bill Bright
1 Corinthians 3:7-9 (NIV) --- So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow.8 The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor.9 For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building.
· Heaven and Hell are realities. We must get back into balance.
· 3 things we must do:
1. Refocus on the Great Commission.
If we go feed somebody but they still go to hell, we have not done our job for Jesus. Our purpose is to communicate the Gospel. Show God's love and share salvation.
2. Keep score.
We need to measure. Our team needs to know how to win.
3. If it is not working, change it.
If it's not producing, you must make a change. Take responsibility.
3 ways to do this:
1. Get rid of sacred cows.
2. Learn from working models.
3. Focus on the environment.
We've got to make sure we change the right thing. Without the right environment, nothing grows.