All Access 2010
Thursday, April 29, 2010
How do you grow through conflict? … Greg Surratt
Galatians 6:9 (NLT) --- So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give
Comparison makes you tired in ministry. It sidelines us.
Conflict wears you out in ministry.
Acts 15:1 --- some men came down from Judea to Antioch.
1. Don't let a few vocal critics HIJACK the VISION of the church.
· The best way to predict the future is to invent it. – Alan Key
· Give people what they want, not what they think they want. – Mark Cuban
· The power is the constant but the practice is fluid.
· Every new idea has an expiration date.
2. Don't be afraid to get the issues on the table.
Acts 15:7 ---
· There's a difference between good questions and a questioning spirit.
· What's the evidence of someone filled with the Holy Spirit?
· What issues are so sacred that we can't talk about them?
3. Decide which hills you'd be willing to die on.
3 lists that we must agree on that allows us to grow:
· The number of essentials will determine the size of the harvest. Keep the lists short.
· If you don't allow comparison and conflict to wear you out, you will see the harvest increase around you.
The harvest is coming!