Wednesday, April 21, 2010

out of my control

There are some things that are outside of my control, and I don't like it.  Yes, I am a control freak.  A little bit at least.  But there are situations where I have seen that me trying to control it doesn't work, but when I let go and let God move, things happen.

Proverbs 3:5 (NLT) --- Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.

Hebrews 10:23 (NLT) --- Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise.

What are God's promises?  He promises to be our Savior and friend, to help in times of trouble and give us safety, to guide always and guard our lives, to teach us and work through us ... His promises are endless.

Yet when we try to do the work on our own, we mess up.  Not only do we mess up ourselves, but that is when we often mess up things for other people.  think through that on.  God is bigger and better than any of us.  He is stronger and much better able to deal with everything.  His resources are endless and ours are limited.

As I sat in a meeting this morning talking about some tough things, I heard God's voice and remembered that God could take much better care of this situation than I can.  It is out of my control.  I have to trust God.

Psalm 20:7 (NIV) --- Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.

Proverbs 21:31 (NLT) --- The horse is prepared for the day of battle,but the victory belongs to the Lord.

What am I trusting in?  Do I depend more on myself or on God?  What we trust in says a lot about us.  We can be prepared for the situations, but it is my desire and my choice to trust God in situations that I can handle and in ones I can't.  Why not just say all of them are out of my control?  But they are all under God's control.  I am good with that!

No comments:

what is eclipsed in our lives

Psalm 19:1   NIV The  heaven s  declare  the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. The media and social media is...