Wednesday, April 28, 2010

surprised by God some more

Ephesians 3:20 (NLT) --- Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us,

Several weeks ago we were contacted by a local organization that we partner with.  Their director shared about an opportunity to serve with them in helping hungry people in our area.  I understood the details and and began to pray and share.

This last week our leadership heard the need and began to pray.  I shared with some other folks at The Community Fellowship and began to pray for a specific person who was on my heart.  Then it happened.  I was surprised but not really.

After having a conversation with our feeding team, we asked this person to pray about being a part or even leading this project.  The next morning she pulled me aside and said she and her husband would help lead this program, and they are excited.  They are jumping in hands and feet first to learn and share and help hurting people.  I love seeing this.

Far too often I question or maybe even disbelieve that God is at work.  He was working here and continues.  Before I had a heart for the hurting people in our community, God heard them and saw them and moved to help them.  What an awesome surprise.  Also, what a true wake up call.  We as leaders need to expect our people to step up, to share in the vision God has given, and then let God work however He wants to.  The ministry and help is His any way.  I am just blessed, our church is just blessed to be a part.

What is it that you are asking God to do?  Where are you not looking?  Pray.  Then wait to be surprised by God some more.

Psalm 66:5 (NLT) --- Come and see what our God has done, what awesome miracles he performs for people!

No comments:

happy birthday, Julie

Proverbs 18:22   NLT The man who finds a   wife   finds a treasure, and he receives   favor   from the   Lord . Yes, I have foun...