I sat down in a prayer time yesterday morning. The scripture that I just finished reading was heavy on my heart. My phone was open as I typed an email to a friend whose family is going through a very difficult time. I sent them the verses below, but before I hit the send the lady leading our prayer time was reading the same verses. There is power in God's word.
My mind and heart raced as God spoke volumes in those few minutes. It was incredible. In today's devotion I want to ask you to read over the verses above several times. Below I will give just a few bullet points that grabbed my attention and have been clearly seen as God's power!
1. Joy comes when we focus on God and when we praise Him. Rejoice. Change you attitude. Let God change your thoughts and heart.
2. Others will see. Let them see God as work in you. When we fear and worship God, those around us will see Him in vivid, living faith.
3. Worry is a sure sign of the lack of faith. Verse 4 is the first Bible promise I claimed. Worry about nothing. Instead pray about everything. That will include being thankful and praying for others.
4. Having faith, trusting God brings peace. That is overflowing, huge, strong and unhuman like peace. That peace and God will guard our hearts and minds because of the promise and truth we learn from Jesus.
5. Last, be careful what you keep on thinking about. Remember: you put garbage in; you get garbage out. Think about and respond to the things that are from God.
We will see the power of God's word as we apply it to our lives. Without the Scripture, we will not see God's power. Do you agree?
It is time that the church, the people around and the world see the power of God's word lived out in our lives!