Thursday, April 21, 2011

Homeless ministry note -- "Are you a daddy?"

From homeless worker  ... 

Sitting at a table at the local homeless shelters park, a mother with 3 children asked for prayer.  After praying one of her sons came over to me, he looked looked me in the eyes and asked me "are you a daddy?"  I answered yes.

His next words touched deep in to my soul.  He asked me if i could love hug  him like a daddy would?  I looked to the mother and she had tears she nodded yes.  I reached out and placed him in front of me on my lap and wrapped my arms around him.

I can't tell you any more of a reason why I am a minister, I too remember that daddy's come to the park and give love hugs.


Bruce Aspgren                      
Caldwell, Texas    

No comments:

lead follower

I was reading an article from a pastor that was sharing his heart for his church family and impacting his community one person at a time...