I am excited about the coming days, but I also know who is in control. This is one of the busiest times of the year for our church family, but we will also serve more people the first of August than we will almost the entire rest of the year. Why is this true? It is because we chose to step up and share what we have AND what we believe with others.
That is why I want to start this week a bit different than others. My Scripture reading yesterday was powerful, and one portion of Romans has stuck in my head. Therefore, you are getting it this morning. Read on, and I pray each of us will be re-enforced, re-energized, re-freshed and re-newed by God as we see the truth and believe it too.
Romans 8:1-8 NASB
Pull that a part and find that God has done some significant things in our lives that sets us up to win. Did you hear me right? He set us up to win!!!
1. We are forgiven. There is "now condemnation" for us because Jesus has saved us and lives in us.
2. There is a difference between the law of sin and the law of the Spirit. The Spirit frees us. Sin ties us up, traps us and reminds us that we need God.
3. Jesus, the Son of God fulfilled the law and freed us from the law. We are now under grace and walk by the Spirit.
4. The mind set free by the Spirit is powerful and even dangerous. Believing God gives us peace and makes us friends with God.
5. We can and do please God as we believe what He has done for us.
Knowing what we believe and who we believe in makes life so much better. Are you under a load os stress? Are you worried or afraid? There is freedom in Jesus.
Thanks for allowing me to share these powerful truths with you. My prayer is that we will allow this to sink into our brains and into our hearts and into the way we talk and walk. Jesus is not a good idea. He is everything. He is not only the Savior of the world, but He is our friend and guide. He not only forgives us but gives us daily power to live successful lives. That happens as we believe what God says.
I challenge you. Believe what God says!