Come and listen, all you who fear God, and I will tell you what he did for me.
In Henry Blackaby's book Experiencing God he talked about all the ways we hear from God. We hear through the Bible, through prayer, through worship, through several different ways including through the people around us. God does speak through people.
I love to hear what God is doing in people's lives. Everything from someone sitting in my office with me to a person talking with me on the phone, I've heard so many awesome things. Even yesterday on a sidewalk of our community I had a conversation with a man where God spoke.
Some of these conversations are planned. Some are not. Some conversations I just know that I will hear something about or from God or maybe be encouraged in my walk with God. Yet there are times that out of no where I hear something that God uses in incredible ways. Those are the times that I am overwhelmed by how great God is and can't contain my excitement.
Several of those things happened this week that are amazing:
- In one conversation God confirmed something that God was teaching me. It is something not easy for me to hear and an area God is working in my life. It also gives me more direction for The Community Dream Center.
- In another conversation with a person that attends our church it was refreshing to hear how welcome their family feels at The Community Fellowship. The conversation ended with them warning me that they are going to fill row after row of our churches.
- In a conversation this past weekend with a local guy involved in an international ministry we talked about the connections we already have and even learned about some creative ways to partner to help more people. Think outside of the box.
- In another tough conversation I heard about a family who is falling apart and how someone stepping in to encourage and hold some of the members of the family up. Their needs are huge, but just one person brought some light to their situation.
- In a conversation across the table from a friend today we shared about our work, and right there in the middle of the conversation a light seemed to come on. It was like God said "here is another place you can help hurting people". Some awesome thoughts.
In all of those incredible conversations God spoke into my life. Some were things I needed to hear about a change that needs to be made in my life. Other pieces were places where God wants to take me.
God wants to speak to us, and I honestly believe that God is always talking to us. The fact is we are not always listening. Are you listening to God? In the conversations you have and in the life you live each day God will speak to you. Listen up to the incredible conversations that God gives you.
"Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world."
The voice of the Lord is powerful, The voice of the Lord is majestic.
But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.