Wednesday, October 5, 2011

what are you hungry for?

Matthew 5:6
NLT

God blesses those who hunger and thirst for justice, for they will be satisfied.

 

When it comes to food, far too often my eyes are bigger than my stomach.  But I love food.  If you know me, you most likely already know that.

 

In fact one of the things happening now at The Community Fellowship is a challenge going on in our CHASE THE LION series.  You see, if 300 people show up any Sunday in this series I have committed to go on a diet to reach and stay at 200 pounds.  It is not about just having lots of people at our church.  It is about focusing in a new direction and being willing to do what it takes to get there.

 

Whatever we hunger for is a brilliant picture of what we are made of.  Do I want more of God in my life or more money or possessions so I can have a so called better life?  There are lots of questions I can ask.  But what are we hungry for?

 

True spiritual hunger comes from God.  As we seek God, He will fill us and satisfy us.  Yet one of the awesome things about our God is that as we seek Him we will want more and more of Him.  It is at that point that we become more satisfied, more at peace and live with so much more passion.

 

That is something I am praying for and I want.  I am praying that my hunger will find more satisfaction in God than in anything else.

 

Thanks to Margaret Feinberg and her recently released book Hungry for God as allowed me to begin this conversation deep inside myself.

 

Matthew 6:33
NLT

Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

 

 

Special NOTE

Last, I want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my mom whose birthday was Thursday (my brothers and I are blessed).

No comments:

happy birthday, Julie

Proverbs 18:22   NLT The man who finds a   wife   finds a treasure, and he receives   favor   from the   Lord . Yes, I have foun...