Family Time this Thanksgiving Weekend
What an incredible weekend and holiday celebration our family has had with Thanksgiving. Holidays are about family and about serving. I challenge you to think about that statement and to live it out.
Our holiday started with everyone going to the movie Tuesday night. It continued with the sweet and savory smells of food galore being prepared in our kitchen on Thanksgiving Thursday by the world's greatest wife (my lovely wife Julie). The food was awesome and the family was in tip-top dress (as you can see in the picture). We wore dress up clothes and used the fine china that rarely sees the light of day. It was so awesome. Today (Friday) was family day of playing games (so far Monopoly and Phase 10) and beginning to decorate for Christmas. The Christmas tree is in place (if you are going to buy a fresh tree, go see Wayne and Carol Biggs at Last Chance Auto in Ridgeway). Even picked up one special black Friday gift for the entire family (a new TV for the living room courtesy of Sears fantastic pricing and our saving).
We have one day left. I can't wait to see what is next.
Christmas @ The Community
Mark your calendar and prepare for a great month of celebrating Jesus and serving others. Here are the opportunities for us to serve and some dates to remember…
WAYS TO SERVE AND GIVE
- our Christmas missions offering begins this Sunday (Nov 27th) with 50% going to benevolent causes (through our Church and the Dream Center) and the rest being split between missions around the world, across North America and here in Virginia.
- we are adopting some kids and families this Christmas that we will be helping with gifts, food and more. You are asked to sign up at church to be part of blessing these people (most of the kids we will serve come through our partnership with Virginia Department of Social Service and foster care with the kids being teenagers). Your help is needed!
- serve and/or give to our clothes closet and feeding ministries this month
DATES TO REMEMBER
- Sunday, Nov 27th will begin our Christmas series "HE WILL BE CALLED" and we ask you to invite a friend to come to church with you.
- Saturday, Dec 10th from 9 until noon is our 2nd Saturday FREE community meal and clothes closet. We will have several clothes closet work days before this date. Volunteers are needed in both areas.
- Saturday, Dec 10th from 1 until 3pm is a ZUMBATHON happening in our building to help Jennifer Terry, our youth leader and worship band member who is battling breast cancer. Listen for more info at church and here.
- Saturday, Dec 17th in the evening the band ADMIT ONE will be having a Christmas Concert at our church that will benefit a family in need here in our community. More info to come.
- Friday, Dec 23rd beginning at 6pm with be our ALL CHURCH CHRISTMAS dinner and worship. Notice the special day and time. For the meal it will be pot-luck, and you are encouraged to invite people who are in need and hungry to come with you.
- Sunday, Dec 25th is Christmas Day, and we will be having a special family worship service that morning.
More things are in the works. We understand that God is using our church family to help many people who live in our community. Do all you can to demonstrate the love of God to our community and way beyond. Be aware of the people around you. May God use you!
If you have questions, please call the church office at 276-647-8231 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.