I wanted to give you a run down of the happenings of this weekend and beyond:
- Pray for Bruce Elgin and his family. Frances LeMaster, Bruce's sister, passed away this week. Her funeral is Saturday at 1pm, and the visitation is tonight at 6pm tonight. Both are at Collins Funeral Home in Bassett.
- the Admit One Christmas concert is at The Community Fellowship this Saturday at 7pm. This is an annual event the band puts on to help a local family in need. Please come out to celebrate Christmas and be prepared to give an offering.
- Sunday we will be looking at the fact that Jesus is our "prince of peace". Communionwill be part of the service AND our kids will be singing. Be here at 10:10am. Bring someone with you.
- next Friday night is our all-church CHRISTMAS dinner and worship beginning at 6pm. This is pot-luck meal, and you are asked to bring plenty of food for your family and for others. Invite people to come with you who don't attend church and people who are hungry. Worship will begin at 7pm.
- Christmas Sunday morning worship will begin at our normal time of 10:10am. Wear your Christmas pajamas. If your family has special happenings Christmas morning, make the best of that, but you are invited and asked to tell others that we will have an family worship time.
- our Community student ministry will be having a youth lock-in Dec 27 and 28. See Jennifer or Yvonne for more details.
- We continue to take our annual mission offering. This money will be split in half with part helping people in our community with benevolent needs through our church and the Dream Center. The other part will go to causes around the words. Please plan to give to this offering. Mark an envelope MISSION or go to my BLOG and click DONATE noting MISSIONS. We will continue taking the offering through the 2nd Sunday in January.
Have a great day, and I will see you soon!
With GOD as my guide,
-- James 1:5