Thursday, January 19, 2012

not alone


… For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.”

It may look like you are alone, but that is not true.  God promised us that He would never abandon us.  It is a lie of our enemy Satan that says we are alone, no one understands or even no one cares.

My heart breaks as I meet people who believe the lies that Satan tells.  I have believed them too often myself, yet we can trust God.  Looking back on situations and problems, it is evident that when I felt alone God was not only with me but was helping me along the path.  He was loving and sharing with me.

We come through all kinds of things in life.  There are relationships that are torn apart.  Then we feel as if we are alone.  There are problems when money or jobs are taken away, and we feel like we are alone.  There are even times when we are surrounded by other people yet have this feeling that no one is with us at all.

Those are the lies that it is time to get rid of.  By sharing our struggles with other people, we find peace and help.  I have felt alone, but when I shared my struggles or frustration with a friend, I learned that they have been there.

Such a situation came up last week in a conversation with a close friend.  In the coarse of a discussion on a tough subject I began to share some of my failure and pain.  It was amazing to listen to my friend’s story and how God has worked in his life in some of the same ways.  We now have shared ground and shared experience.  We can make each other strong.

Not only is God with us and for us, but God has surrounded us with people who are there to support and encourage us.  What an awesome God we serve.

What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?

Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.

You have the power to stop the lie and stop the epidemic of feeling like you or someone is alone.  Reach out to God and reach out to others.  We are not alone!

No comments:

God is the Great I AM

This devotion is what our family read last night, and it is powerful.   It is from “Doing Things That Matter”, a devotional from youvers...