Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day


Sunday I shared a message with my The Community Fellowship church family about finding margin in relationships.  This has been a great series, but it has ended up somewhat autobiographical.  Plus this sermon was heavy for me.  I spent way more time than usual and heard more about myself than I intended to hear.

Notice the picture of the hearts.  From simply short phrases and words to written out prayers, our church family poured their hearts onto these cut out hearts sharing what God said to them.  My prayer as these hearts sit on my desk is that God would make this MARGIN a reality in our lives.  That is not an easy request, but it is a request that will make a big difference in our homes, in our actions and in our hearts.

Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud

We don’t understand and can’t grasp the love that God has for us.  Try as we might, it is out of our reach.  But listen up.  We have God’s love.  We can know and feel and believe His love in huge ways.  Yet we can’t understand what this unconditional love is really like and how it never ends.

It is Valentine’s Day, and I am excited that I get to share with my favorite people some extra expressions of love.  Early this week I told you about time with my daughters and their commitment.  I spent much of last night doing something special for my wife.  The outcome was not what I expected.  It was much more. 

I long to share authentic and God centered love with others.  Through these hearts that I read on my desk, I am convinced and convicted that God is still in the business of overwhelming us with His unending and unfailing love.

May we know His love and share that love with others.  Happy Valentine’s Day to each of you!

Love never fails;

No comments:

happy birthday, Julie

Proverbs 18:22   NLT The man who finds a   wife   finds a treasure, and he receives   favor   from the   Lord . Yes, I have foun...