Monday, March 12, 2012

keep on pushing forward

I'm always challenged by people who are forward thinkers. These are the people who believe our best days are ahead of us and not behind us. It is about dreaming, pushing forward and finding purpose in life.
 
It troubles me when someone doesn't have a reason to get out of bed or is simply living day by day with no drive or perspective. This is far from what God has for us.  His plan is perfect and gives us confidence. Plus, the purpose God has for us always has other people tied to it.
 
Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life. (Proverbs 13:12 NLT)
 
Where there is no vision, the people perish... (Proverbs 29:18 KJV)
 
No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead,(Philippians 3:13 NLT)
 
Matthew Barnett, founder of the LA Dream Center, said in his book The Cause Within You is that you will find your purpose when you start serving others.  Those are the moments when God not only fills our lives, but He puts a constant drive inside of us.
 
In the coming days I'm praying that God will fill the vision that He has put in my heart, yet I pray that He will do what only God can do. This vision needs to be blown up. I'm talking about a God-sized, God-honoring huge happening that leads people to change by the grace of God.
 
For me this purpose includes offering people 2nd chances that are not easy to find. There are a few pieces that are consuming my heart as of late. One is the fact that these dreams come in God's timing, not mine. It's not my door to open or program to make happen. God will do what He wants to do, and it is my call to be faithful and step forward. Another important part is to share, don't get discouraged and to keep dreaming.
 
The 12 spies saw the land God promised His people. It was an awesome place. They saw it first. It wasn't easy, and it was scary. Only 2 men believed what God said. These 2 men saw beyond what others could see. They were forward thinkers.
 
God is looking for people who will look forward and step out in faith. I'm more convinced than ever than what God put in my heart is going to happen.  I can't wait to see what God does next. Don't be afraid. Listen up. Try to keep up. Watch God transform more lives.
 
You will be rewarded for this; your hope will not be disappointed. (Proverbs 23:18 NLT)

No comments:

what is eclipsed in our lives

Psalm 19:1   NIV The  heaven s  declare  the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. The media and social media is...