Wednesday, March 21, 2012

thoughts on forgiveness



I’m spending some time today preparing for a sermon on forgiveness for an Easter service this week.  Thus today’s post of going to be various thoughts on the subject.  Read on:

“If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you.

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.-- Mahatma Gandhi

Though we are overwhelmed by our sins, you forgive them all.

I can forgive, but I cannot forget, is only another way of saying, I will not forgive. Forgiveness ought to be like a cancelled note--torn in two, and burned up, so that it never can be shown against one. -- Henry Ward Beecher

Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.


“Brothers, listen! We are here to proclaim that through this man Jesus there is forgiveness for your sins.

Forgiveness is needed in so many areas of our lives.  For some of us we need to forgive.  We need to forgive ourselves or someone else.  For others of us we need to be forgiveness and allow for being forgiven by letting go of pain or bitterness.

My prayer for me this week is that I will give and receive forgiveness the way Jesus did.

No comments:

interacting with the Word of God

My family is in the middle of a devotion that uses one of my favorite passages in the Bible about the Bible.   These words about the wor...