If you live in Martinsville and Henry County, you have an opportunity to honor a person who means a lot to you. A couple of the organizations we partner with are hosting a “Fatherhood Summit” next week, and with the summit, a Father of the Year will be named.
Does your dad deserve such an honor? Then take some time to let others know about him. All you have to do is write an essay (300 words or less) stating why your dad should be the Father of the Year. Here are the contest rules.
1. Contest open to youth ages 9 to 18.
2. Children may be assisted by adults.
3. Entry must be emailed with the child’s name, age, address as well as their father’s name and address.
4. Entries must be received by 5pm Saturday, June 2nd.
5. Winner will be notified after Monday, June 4th.
6. Email your essay and entry information to firstname.lastname@example.org
This only gives you a short time to share in this contest. Go ahead. Tell someone why your dad should be Father of the Year!