Thursday, July 19, 2012

believing God (a letter from a friend)


(NOTE: I’d like to share with you a letter that I got from a lady who attends The Community Fellowship.  What a great encouragement this was to me, and it will encourage you as well.  Read and keep seeking God!)

He was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever he promises.

Not so long ago, I was sitting at my desk filling out an application to Henry Co. Public Schools, to reapply for my previous position as a sub.  I had been praying for GOD to open up an opportunity that I could withstand due to my health and still be able to handle my parents declining health.  Then you shared the message COURAGEOUS.  I really was into that frame of mind anyway.  Half way through the application process, I took a break to look for information they require, and before I got on with that the phone rang.  It was my dad saying out of the blue that "I was on his mind and he was praying for me".  Then I go to my Facebook and a friend that I met a few months back was on telling that she needed some help. I ask her what kind of help, and she went on explaining to me that their son has autism.  They were looking for someone to help watch him and work with him as he is home schooled.   We talked for about an hour, and we decided to meet later that week to discuss the details further. 

After returning from vacation, I choose to meet with the family, and I had put off filling out the rest of the application, praying for GOD's will the entire trip.  That Thursday I started working with/for this family, the best decision I could ever make.  Not only was I doing what my heart desired, but also what GOD offered to me.  Now I can only look back with amazement.  Several weeks have passed now, and I am so BLESSED to have this opportunity.  What a wonderful family.  Not only did GOD give me a Christian family to work with but also a very special little boy.  I am now making more than I ever could have at the school, doing my dream job.  Although it can be quite the challenge, I know this happened for many reasons.  GOD is always in control of every situation.  We often forget to thank him.  I went to the alter a few Sundays ago overwhelmed by what he has done for me and brought me through... the tears were Thankful, not scared of what’s next, just happy with what is.  That's what led me to write this to you...

There seems to be a mountain ahead for our church, even though I don't know all the details.  I really don't need too.  I do know who will see us to the top and carry us over.  You have been given many great tasks to do but not without his arms around you along the way.  Our church family is Strong, and no matter the issues ahead, we will climb with you to the top.  I pray daily for GOD's guidance in everything we do.  He promised to see us through, but we must be COURAGEOUS enough to allow this.  I know you are because I have seen you struggle before and come out just fine, if not better.  You’re not too far from my age.  We both have climbed many mountains of what we thought was defeat when really all they were a test of FAITH.  We can look back at what we've learned and move forward even stronger knowing with GOD we will get through anything. 

…The strength I see in our church family amazes me still.  I know in my heart that you are a great leader and one of the chosen to do the will of GOD.  Now is your turn to show your STRENGTH, COURAGE and FAITH.  You will because WE will stand with you on that mountain after all is said and done.  We will look back at this as a defeated challenge together!  Know that your church family is with you always.  GOD's Army Will Move Mountains!!!  I know it, because he has moved many for me in almost 40 years.

PRAYING FAITHFULLY!

“You don’t have enough faith,” Jesus told them. “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.”

(CONCLUSION: that letter gives me courage and encouragement.  Don’t ya think?  God is good … all the time!)

No comments:

lead follower

I was reading an article from a pastor that was sharing his heart for his church family and impacting his community one person at a time...