Thursday, September 13, 2012

take these to heart


Over 19 years ago I read a book and was part of a study that made me stop and think.  It stretched me and helped me see the abilities that God has.  He was and is bigger than I have ever thought.  God is able to do anything which means even the things that my mind can’t comprehend.

So, I’d like to give you a few quotes from Henry Blackaby, author of Experiencing God: knowing and doing the will of God.

--- God speaks through a variety of means. In the present God primarily speaks by the Holy Spirit, through the Bible, prayer, circumstances, and the church.

--- When God spoke to Moses and others in the Old Testament, those events were encounters with God. An encounter with Jesus was an encounter with God for the disciples. In the same way an encounter with the Holy Spirit is an encounter with God for you.

--- He [Jesus] has a right to interrupt your life. He is Lord. When you accepted Him as Lord, you gave Him the right to help Himself to your life anytime He wants.

--- God's invitation for you to work with Him always leads you to a crisis of belief that requires faith and action.

--- That is the purpose of God's commands. He wants you to have life and have it abundantly. When the Lord gives you a command, He is trying to protect and preserve the best He has for you. He does not want you to lose it. When God gives a commandment, He is not restricting you. He is freeing you.

Those are incredible statements.  Read them and then re-read them.  My prayer is that we will have God at the center of our lives and truly experience the abundant life that God intended for us to have. 

The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.

No comments:

God is the Great I AM

This devotion is what our family read last night, and it is powerful.   It is from “Doing Things That Matter”, a devotional from youvers...