Thursday, October 11, 2012

heart on the line


My heart is focused on people.  To see people hurt and go through tough times tugs at my heart and gets my mind and hands going.  Serving others is what God has called me to do and to lead others to do.  I find fulfillment, strength and real confidence in begin able to be there for others and lifting them as God allows.

This heart stuff is so difficult.  As people continue to make poor and painful or destructive choices, my heart is torn a part.  That is where God has to get involved in my heart and my emotions as well as in the way I serve people.  It is super easy to grow cold toward hurting people.  It is also easy to get so wrapped up in a family’s situation or in a person’s life that I am not able to serve or help other people.

The balance is very difficult.  You notice well that if you are not allowing God to pour into your life or if you are not letting others serve you that you have nothing at all to share with others.

Putting your heart on the line is not easy, but it is a high and holy calling from God.  I have long believed that real ministry is messy.  Hurting people need to see the love of God displayed and shared with them.  We become the hands and feet and heart and love of God as we extend grace to the people we come in contact with.  I can’t turn my head to avoid someone that has a need.  We literally are people of a second chance because God has given us a second chance.

Understanding how much God loves me helps me put my heart on the line for others.  Jesus said this phrase several times: “he who has ears to hear let him hear”.  In other words “since you care listen up”.  Give it a try now…

You must be compassionate, just as your Father is compassionate. Do Not Judge Others

Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father…

Put your heart on the line for the people around you.  Let God do what He does best… change lives one life at a time.  God will use your heart.  God will refresh you and give you grace.  What you have been through opens the way for you to serve others in similar ways that you have gone through.

Let’s put our heart on the line for Jesus. 

No comments:

God is the Great I AM

This devotion is what our family read last night, and it is powerful.   It is from “Doing Things That Matter”, a devotional from youvers...