I continue to read the book The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson, and the things that are sticking in my mind and heart are life changing. But prayer is what is life changing. These aren’t new thoughts. God uses reminders and the way this book, or any Christian book, to guide us in our learning.
God is working in my heart as I have asked Him to do. I’ve asked Him to do some specific things in me:
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Humble Service in the Body of Christ
I am praying that God will continually renew my mind.
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
I am praying that God guides me and that I follow to do what is right by living in His light and being purified.
Within the book I mentioned, there are some quotes that are insightful. Read a few of them:
- God is still honoring those who pray with audacity and tenacity.
- If you want to keep growing spiritually, you need to keep stretching. How? By going after dreams that are bigger than you are.
- One of the most difficult types of risk to take is risking your reputation.
- Drawing prayer circles often looks like an exercise in foolishness. But that’s faith. Faith is the willingness to look foolish.
- Prayer and imagination are directly proportional: the more you pray the bigger your imagination becomes because the Holy Spirit supersizes it with God-sized dreams.
- Most of us don’t get what we want simply because we don’t know what we want. We’ve never circled any of God’s promises. We’ve never written down a list of life goals. We’ve never defined success for ourselves. And our dreams are as nebulous as cumulus clouds.
- It is absolutely imperative at the outset that you come to terms with this simple yet life-changing truth: God is for you. If you don’t believe that, then you’ll pray small timid prayers; if you do believe it, then you’ll pray big audacious prayers.
(Quotes taken from the book and shared at this link)
I pray that we will be circle makers through our prayers. May we believe what God says and may we allow our faith to God as we pray and see God answer our prayers. Prayer really is life changing. Prayer changes us first.