Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Wonderstruck (new book from Margaret Feinberg)


I am excited about Margaret Feinberg’s new book Wonderstruck: Awaken to the Nearness of God and the 7-session DVD Bible study which releases Christmas Day. Let me give you a personal invitation for you to take a look, read a bit, and drink in the fullness of life. This book will turn your prayer life upside down, stir your desire to live more abundantly, and take your relationships with others to the next level.

Margaret posted a warning on her site that those who have read Wonderstruck [www.margaretfeinberg.com/wonderstruck] have experienced the following symptoms:

-An inability to stop smiling
-An uncontainable desire to pray
-A loss of interest in judging others
-A quiet, unshakable confidence in God
-A renewed ability to see the wonders of God all around

And from what I’ve seen, they’re all true! Here is a quote stuck out to me as I read a sneak peek of Wonderstruck:

On Living Love . . .
"Breathing life begins with the simplest of actions. See someone. Really see. As you reach out and interact, offer your full attention to whoever is in front of you. Listen to someone. Really listen. Give someone the gift of your presence—your fully present, undivided attention. Pray for someone. Really pray. Though it may feel awkward in the moment, ask if you can offer a prayer, and bless the person with kindness. Give to someone. Really give of yourself. Find an unexpected way to help someone whose needs remain unmet. Radiate the generosity of Christ."Margaret Feinberg [www.margaretfeinberg.com], Wonderstruck: Awaken to the Nearness of God book and DVD Bible study

That is powerful truth that will change your life.  If you have known me, followed me or come in contact with me at all, you know that I have been overwhelmed by the love of God so much so that I have to share it with others.  In the last few months that has gone to a new level as I believe God has called me to make sure that my prayer life matches the love that I show from God. 

We ought to be living proof that God loves people as Margaret said in that quote.  I hope that you will take a look at the book.  Actually you can get a sneak peek of Wonderstruck by by going to this website http://margaretfeinberg.com/wonderstruck/

Last thing.  I encourage you to follow my friend Margaret.  She and her husband, Leif, are the real deal, awesome encouragers and sweet friends.  I cannot wait till they visit The Community Fellowship once again!

Follow Margaret’s on Twitter, Facebook, and her blog [www.margaretfeinberg.com].  Learn more about this great book by visiting www.margaretfeinberg.com/wonderstruck where she’s offering some crazy promos right now with up to $300 of free stuff. I’ve seen the book for as low as $7.95 ($14.99 retail) on Barnes & Noble for all you savvy shoppers.  

1 comment:

Margaret Feinberg said...

"I believe God has called me to make sure that my prayer life matches the love that I show from God." -- a beautiful and high calling. Thanks so much for posting this!

pray for your children

The beginning of the school year brings all kinds of thoughts and emotions my way.   My wife, a 1st grade teacher, told our 9th grader s...