Wednesday, January 23, 2013

pain & hope




Have you ever dealt with pain?  This could be a post about dealing with health issues and the pain that comes from the illness or the treatment, but I am really talking about the pain that comes from living life.  I bet you have felt that.

So many people have lost their job.  Some have experienced extreme financial crisis.  Many are now or have been battling depression and other mental/emotional troubles due to life situations.  We have all been in relationship trouble once or twice that has brought pain in to our lives.

In dealing with pain we as human tend to see this stuff somewhat of a fatalistic way.  It seems to be the end of the world and we can’t go on.  Be honest; you’ve been there.  I have battled depression from time to time with much of the same thoughts.  The pain is real and has to be dealt with.

We are in good company if we have dealt with pain at some point.  King David spoke of his pain often…

I get nothing but trouble all day long; every morning brings me pain.

I’ve been there.  Sometimes it is so real that I don’t want to get out of bed.  He again said:

For I am poor and needy, and my heart is full of pain.

There has to be an answer.  There is has to be faith that pulls us out.  Maybe you have noticed and found that their people who care about you and encourage you when you get down and deal with the pain.  Not only does God love us and pull us out of those low times as we look to Him, and there are people who are willing to walk with us and love us through the dark situations.

It is important that we learn from the pain AND MOVE FORWARD.  Far too many people don’t learn and repeat the same issues over and over.  How can we change that or fix the problem so we don’t sink so low due to our situations?  The answer comes from God.

Last week’s strongest verse is this… I can’t get it out of my head and heart … it is real and will really change our perspective or how we look at things.  Read on…

Rejoice in our confident hope.  Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.

In dark times we can be confident because of the hope that we have in God.  We are children of God, forgiven and blessed.  God has us in His hands and is for us working in every situation.  The closer we get to God the more we will see working.  When we are praying to God for help or for a miracle, we will keep our eyes open and our senses sharp to see the miracles, big and small, that God does every day.

When trouble comes, our faith should grow.  When dark times and pain come, prayers go up.  That means prayer increases and our faith gets even more rooted in God and His truth when pain is present. 

Pain and hope are an opportunity for us to plug our lives into what God is going.  Keep on.  Seek God and let Him use the pain in your life to give you help, home and all the honor to Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I woke up needing this today! I have needed it for some time! In my pain and frustration, Jesus takes the wheels of my life. Only He can bring about the change nessasary for the pain to cease. He is my rock and fortress and in Him will I place my trust! Thank you!

interacting with the Word of God

My family is in the middle of a devotion that uses one of my favorite passages in the Bible about the Bible.   These words about the wor...